Because there are no third parties involved there are fewer details to enter.
- Go to Bank/Bank Transfer
- Click on 'Add Transfer'
- Select the date of the transfer from the drop down box.
- Against 'From Bank' choose the account that the money is moving from.
- From the drop down box against 'To Bank' choose the account that the money is moving to.
- Type in the Amount of the transfer.
- Enter a description in the Comments box to help identify it. The paying in book reference can be included if banking cash.
- Click Add to save the transfer.
To look at a list of Transfers, go to Bank Reports and select the 'Bank Transfer' report.
The individual 'cashed' position of each part of the transfer is shown by the Cashed box next to the 'from' and 'to' boxes against each transfer record. This shows whether the items have been 'cashed'. i.e. presented through the bank and and showing on a bank statement. This should be done through the Bank Reconciliation process. Once a transfer has been cashed the cashed date will display on this screen.
The tickbox is only available in edit mode to undo a cashed status entered in error.
Note: the 'cashed' status on the Cash account is recorded in the same way as other accounts but is of no relevance as all cash processes are treated as instantaneous.